I'm Back!!!!
Finally..from Pulau Ubin.
It has been a really great experience for me in OBS.
All the activities and obstacles I've gone through.
Anyway,I was in Amundsen.
AMUNDSEN OIII!!!
I love them.
All the encouragement they've given to me,I'll cherish them.
The closeness we had is indescibable.
One for all,all for one.
First day
off to school towards pulau ubin.
gathered with toh tuckians and posted to Amundsen.
Getting to know each other and had ice-breaker games.
had high element activities.Love it.
Climbed the rough rock wall and scraped the skin of my palm.ouch.
In the end I made it.
Rain all day.
had a cook-out and pitched up tents.
Sleep.
Second day
Morning,had sea activities.Kayaking.
Used to love it but panicked that day.
Capsizing and kayaking in the rain.Cat 1.
Was the front kayaker. Can't do it.
Mass bathing at the tap outside and had lunch.
Packed up for the land expedition.Trekking.
Carried the 10 kilo ton bag filled with poncho,food,4 litres of water,clothings.
Plus I carried the tent.
Reached there and had dinner and pitche up tents.
had a gathering with Lum with his lame joke and all of us sang n told stories.
Den star-gazing. With each and every one of us lying on each other on the big blue tub.
Until Lum came back and asked us to go back to tents and sleep.
But couldn't sleep.Cos of the singing toads which seemed nearing our tents as the night went by.
N the weather was freaking cold at night.No need for an air-con.
Third day
Wake up to pee with the gals in the woods near the sea and watching the sun roses.
Wonderful.Ate breakfast and went to quarry and had games with Armstrong.Millennians too.
Activity there was to build a raft with us sitting on the raft.
Had quarry jump.Was freaking scared.But did it anyway.twice.
Nice atmosphere at the quarry.
Trekked back and unpacked our stuff and had lunch.
Had high element activity."Double-dual-dangle".
Love it so much. Did it with Ros.Love her.
Rain again today.
After dinner,had briefing with the instructors on the sea expedition the next day.
Amundsen,Armstrong and cousteue(i think.)
Instructors: Lum,shuyun and cornell(i think.) respectively.
Was fucking scared lah.Really scared.got panicked when they were briefing.
However,they(Amundsen) really hold me tight and cheered me up and encouraged me too. My partner,Saffy.
Fourth day
Woke up as early as five am.
Got ready for the sea ex mobile.
Wasn't scared though.
Started the first launch at 6.45am
Aim:kayak half of pulau ubin in a terrible weather about 10 click.
Along the long winding river filled wif mangroves and two botaches.
I was scarded of capsizing.Really.
First botach: carried kayak over a bridge/tarred road to the other side.
Under the bridge is a suez gate.
Once stuck there ,no one can help.Not even the instructors.
Second botach: mudslide.Easily stucked in the mud.
Hard to move around.Seriously challenging.
Kayak all the way to the opening fence to the sea.off johor.
And we got caught in a cat 1 rain.
I was really scared stiff.I was scared of being struck by lightning.
Ad I just canoed non-stop.
Imagine that.Canoeing on the sea in the rain with thunders and lightnings wearing a poncho at the same time.Plus,the damn strong wind and waves.
Hell yah. It was a worst case scenario my god.
I couldn't stop praying to god.
The rain subsided eventually and I was relieved and so darn tired.
So we kayak and kayak till the end.
I was happy cos I made it. The fear I had of going through this all gone.
And guess what??
I caught a swordfish in my boat.haha.
Had jetty jump after that.
I wa scared still.I went for it.Once.
Den washed up and had dinner.
Most of us had rashes all over.
Some had fibre-glass others had sandflies.
Den off we went off for a nightwalk.
I am scared of the dark especially the woods.
But I made it.Survived.
Told myself not to be scared.Show a brave front.
N prayed non-stop along the way.
All of us were moody and had 'experiences' in the woods.
Brought down our cheerfulness.
Fifth day
Had morning circle as usual.
We cried as we hate to part.
The last day.
Clean up everything and packed up.
Off we go to have another gathering.
Got back our valuables.
Bought souvenirs and pictures.
N got certificates.The way Lum distribute the cert was different.
N off to mainland.
So sad.really sad.
Went toa payoh to eat at fork n spoon.
That is my journey in pulau ubin.part of my life.
I really learnt a lot from the course.
the strengths n weaknesses,I know them all.
And I wish to change my perspective of life.
My journey as a homosapien,now have to be meaningful.
The lesson learnt about myself in the course had an impact on me.
Thus,my outward bound journey starts now.
"Life is full of obstacles.Afraid not of them.Afraid not of yourself.
Nor let yourself be afraid of them.Let those setbacks be a lesson learnt or a stepping stone to move on further.Not an end in your jouney.Live life to the fullest."
No comments:
Post a Comment